Site Wide General Rules
General Posting Rules:
We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within those posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the forum. We reserve the right to remove posts at our discretion and without explanation and to limit or terminate service to participants who violate the terms of this agreement. If you have any questions, please ask the forum administrator or post in the support forum.
- No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harrass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. NO insulting or personal attacks on other members - if some one insults you, do not retaliate but report the offending post using the 'report this post' button link located in each post's top right corner! Respect each others' opinions - you don't have to agree with them but please respect them.
- Rudeness, flaming, trolling, or any messages (via the forum, e-mail, or PM) that constitute a personal attack will not be tolerated. You'll only get one warning. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
- No "Challenges" - If there is a threat or physical challenge, real or perceived, issued, the person making said threat will be immediately banned from this board with no warning or recourse.
- No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles, signatures and/or posting comments which will intimidate, promote or generate hatred or flames among members.
- No senseless "Bumping": Please do not bump your request/help searching or other threads several times a day. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not. Remember there are people who don't browse this board every hour. So do not bump a thread within 24h or too much even after 24 hours.
- No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: Please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
- Post in the correct and appropriate forums.
- Please don't post a message saying, "I need information about whatever. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org." Asking people to answer your questions via e-mail defeats this purpose of public discourse.
- Members may not post to instruct users to check their e-mail, check their PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof.
- Members may not use the forum to publicly debate the forum policies listed here. If you have a concern or complaint about the way the forum is run, please email the administrator, or post in the suport forum.
- Don't post libelous or defamatory comments. We will cooperate with court orders.
- FMATalk and its staff are not in the business of endorsing or validating rank. Claims of rank made by practioners are theirs and theirs alone. FMATalk does not make any warranty to the validity of such claims and does have an "anti" fraud busting policy.
- Members are permitted a maximum of one account per person, regardless of how many organizations you represent. If you choose to ignore this important restriction, all your accounts will be disabled.
- Members may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
- Keep your account information private (password).
- Purposefully violating the security of the forum or allowing someone else to use your account may result in suspension or ban.
Signature, Custom Title, Avatar and Personal Picture Policies
Each FMATalk Membership comes with the ability to display a signature, an Avatar, a Custom Title and a Personal Picture.
: Signatures are attached to the end of your posts.
Custom User Titles
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:
- Just Text: 8 lines small size or 4 lines size 2 and up to 90 chars per line
- Just Image: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
- Text and Image: 4 lines (or 2 with Textsize 2) and one image (in a new line) up to 300 pixels wide, 75 pixels tall and 20k in size.
- ( Empty lines are counted as well.)
- No advertisements
- You can put in links that lead to your site(s) or a product page.
- You may mention your company, and contact information.
- You can have a slogan. i.e. "Best place to train in the UK"
- Pre-approved BBcode is acceptable.
- Signatures are subject to all other content restrictions.
- Signatures must be setup in your profile and not manually added to your messages.
- All signatures must be appropriate for this Forum and are subject to review by the FMATalk Moderation Team.
: The custom user title is the text that appears underneath your member name in the posts.
URLs or other forms of advertising (phone numbers, plans, contact details, etc.) are not allowed in custom user titles, which is limited to 25 characters. Also, members may not use custom titles to impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, Staff or user groups.Avatars and Personal Pictures
:Avatars are the small images that appear in posts by your user name. Personal Pictures are larger images that appear in your profile.
- Image sizes vary by user group.
- Images must comply with all content policies
ADVERTISING / SPAM / CROSS POSTING POLICY
- All publicly displayed messages are limited to the English language. This includes posts, titles, signatures, as well as any attachments or other forms of public display.
- Members may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by us.
Is covered in our seperate Advertising Policy.
How you can help.
- If you spot a violation of these guidelines, please use the "Report this post" link inside the post.
- Members should use common sense. We don't have a written policy for everything.
These policies are subject to change at any time. Please check the announcements forum for changes to these guidelines.
In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, cannot determine the accuracy of information that may be uploaded to the Forum. Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. Participants are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.
In no event will we be liable for (i) any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use our service, or any information or services provided on , even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (ii) for any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies published on.
We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current forum policies.
Finally; any abuse towards our staff and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension of your account.